Q: How much help do I need to publish my book?
A: Whether you can do it yourself is determined by the skills you possess or are willing to acquire. At each step of the process of creating your book you can decide whether DIY or working with a professional is the right way to go.
- Write it yourself
- Record & transcribe text
- Use ghostwriter to create text
- Scan & Photoshop images
- Send to image lab
- Hire photo editor
- Self-edit (NOT RECOMMENDED!)
- Join a critique group
- Hire an editor
- Use Adobe InDesign to design book
- Hire a graphic artist to help
- Hire a book designer
For any of these choices you must create files in Adobe PDF format
- BookSurge or XLibris)
- Sell Self-publish (limited distribution)
- Self-publish (commercial press like manuscript to traditional publisher
If you are more interested in completing your book quickly rather than enjoying an extended journey in which you learn and perfect complicated new skills, you will find that using professional help is your best choice.
To read the full article on the Stories To Tell website, click here.