If you’ve been following our recent posts (or even if you haven’t) we have been looking at how to organize a family history book. The Brigham Young University TV series Ancestors offers some good insights on the subject. The website for the series which first aired in 1997 addresses several questions you’ll want to think about as you decide how to organize your book.
- What type of history do you want to create?
- How many people or generations should you include?
- Who is your intended audience?
- What style will you use? This section focuses on decisions about chronological or topical organization or combinations of the two. It also offers video clips which explain some of the choices you will face in organizing your family history.
- Do you need an index or source citations?
The website offers a variety of resources for family historians. It’s worth a look.
Click here to visit the BYU Ancestors site.